Log Yard Operator Position - Hardwick VT Log Yard
- Part-time, season position October - April and occasionally May - September
- Log Loader Operator, Bucket loader Operator, Log Scaler
- Forestry degree and/or Logging & Loader Operator experience preferred
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Contact Allan Ryder for more information and application
New Log Yards - buying spruce and fir
- Royalton, VT - right off Exit #3 of I-89; buying spruce & fir sawlogs by log scale
- Newbury, VT - right off Exit #17 of I-91; buying spruce & fir logs by log scale
- Contact Log Buyers: John Rounds or Craig Owen for more details and current pricing
- Skowhegan, ME - located at Carrier Chipping ; buying spruce & fir logs and treelength high grade by weight
- Millinocket, ME - located at the end of the Golden Road; buying spruce & fir logs and treelength high grade by weight
- Contact Log Buyer Trevor Lewis for more details and current pricing
As we head into cooler weather the markets on hardwood sawlogs and veneer logs remains strong with demand up on about every specie and grade.
We buy mixed loads of spruce/fir and hardwood sawlogs, veneer logs and pallet logs in our Hardwick and East Burke Vermont Log Yards.
Megantic Veneer Company
Effective in July 2021 we again started buying birch and maple veneer logs for Megantic Veneer Company (former Masonite mill) in Lac-Megantic, Quebec. The mill is running well and their main focus is producing veneer faces for customers located on in the U.S., panels for use in guitars and veneer panels for furniture.
TRG has been the veneer log procurement for this mill since 1990 though the ownerships (now 3). The mill was established by the 4th and original owner, the Cliche family in 1913.
Please contact the Log Buyer in your area to get updated prices on birch and hard maple veneer into our TRG Log Yards and roadside in New Hampshire, Vermont and New York