Sterling College Students Visit TRG's Hardwick VT Log Yard
In November 2023 - Sterling College Student made their annual visit to our Hardwick Log Yard with their teacher Farley Brown where Log Buyer/Licensed Log Scaler, Eric Stratton held a log scaling/log grading workshop. Participants were taught the basics of log scaling and log grading on various hardwood and softwood species.
New Sawmill Aquired by Fontaine Group!
April 1, 2023 Moose River Lumber was purchased
This spruce/fir sawmill is located in he town of Moose River, next to Jackman in northwestern Maine. It is a fully optimized sawmill & planer mill with the first Valutec continuous kiln in the U.S.
Timber Resource Group, as the log procurement agent, is responsible for procuring spruce & for sawlogs and treelength high grade for this mill along with the tw other sawmills with the Fontaine Group - Stratton Lumber, Stratton, ME and Fontaine Inc., Woburn Quebec.
Moose River Lumber sawmill has two saw lines. A studwood line able to take logs down to a 4" top diameter as well as a regular saw line.
Logs and treelength purchases are primarily in western Maine as well as Quebec.
New Log Yards - buying spruce and fir
- Royalton, VT - right off Exit #3 of I-89; buying spruce & fir sawlogs by log scale
- Newbury, VT - right off Exit #17 of I-91; buying spruce & fir logs by log scale
- Contact Log Buyers: John Rounds or Craig Owen for more details and current pricing
- Skowhegan, ME - located at Carrier Chipping ; buying spruce & fir logs and treelength high grade by weight
- Millinocket, ME - located at the end of the Golden Road; buying spruce & fir logs and treelength high grade by weight
- Contact Log Buyer Trevor Lewis for more details and current pricing
We buy mixed loads of spruce/fir and hardwood sawlogs, veneer logs and pallet logs in our Hardwick and East Burke Vermont Log Yards.
Megantic Veneer Company
Effective in July 2021 we again started buying birch and maple veneer logs for Megantic Veneer Company (former Masonite mill) in Lac-Megantic, Quebec. The mill is running well and their main focus is producing veneer faces for customers located on in the U.S., panels for use in guitars and veneer panels for furniture.
TRG has been the veneer log procurement for this mill since 1990 though the ownerships (now 3). The mill was established by the 4th and original owner, the Cliche family in 1913.
Please contact the Log Buyer in your area to get updated prices on birch and hard maple veneer into our TRG Log Yards and roadside in New Hampshire, Vermont and New York